From:
Bill & Linda Dunn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Jul 1997 11:43:30 -0600
This was my 3rd LLLI Conference and I have attended 1 ILCA Conference.

I agree that Jay Gordon's session seemed mostly for laughs however the other CERP
sessions I attended (I only attended CERPS) were terrific.  Did these disgruntled people
miss out on Lawrence Gartner, Betty Crase, the guy from Italy, etc.  I'm amazed that one
would think ILCA has more information that LLLI - Without LLLI there would be no IBLCE,
no IBCLCS no ILCA.  What is it about being a mom that professionals assume takes your
brain away?  By the way, this is not a contest, LLLI and IBLCE work hand in hand as well
as IBFaN, WHO, BFHI, & WABA.

Lawrence Gartner is well recognized at one of the foremost authorities on
viral transmitted diseases, who could think his sessions were mundane and dated?

Betty Crase is on the cutting edge of all research - if its being done, she knows about
it.
Of course there is lots of new stuff (medical term) but her job is to ferret it out.

Perhaps we are a little caught up with our status and feel we must have
information phrased in medical-ese for it to be authentic.

Again, I heartily agree with KA that if you were displeased with a session make your
voice heard via the evaluation form!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did people notice that the new Womanly Art of Breastfeeding is referenced?  And filled
with great photos?  I would suggest all of us take a day or two and thoroughly read the
WAB and the new Breastfeeding Answer Book before we indicate that LLLI information is not
current.

Let's not let any prejudice against "a bunch of mothers" prevent us from using the best
breastfeeding information in the world (according to WHO).

hooray to LLLI, and any other breastfeeding organization for their invaluable efforts on
the behalf of slow-blooming professionals.

"Those who were dancing were thought to be quite insane  by those who could not hear the
music"