From:
Stuart Black <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Mar 2000 03:39:25 -0800
I would like to thank everyone who has responded to my post - THANKS!

Jennifer hit the nail on the head. We do discuss the benefits of BFing but
its starting to sound like a broken record. Its the hazards we need to tell
parents about. Are there posters that list the hazards? I have infact Canada's
list of hazards of Artificial Babymilk etc.

We have all kinds of beautiful posters about SIDS prevention, FAS, Immunizations
- what about posters that present the risks of artificial feeding.

It may not sound like it, but the bottom line for me is"feed the baby" and I
dont shun parents for feeding formula, its the so-called professionals that
amaze me. However, when I read literature about Nurses being oppressed, I
realize they are threatened by yet another outsider telling them they are
doing something wrong-even if I dont specifically say so. They are trying to
maintain what little control they actually have, at womans and babys expence.

Should we start a poster contest? :>
Janet B. RN,CBC, BScn student
Mission Breastfeeding Support Services
Mission,BC, Canada