From:
Joy moores <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Jun 2011 08:02:00 -0400
Dear Wise Ones,

I have lurked on Lactnet for a while but never posted

I am curious as to the response for this mom who was diagnosed at 33yrs. of age with breast cancer and her desire to continue nursing.

My understanding is that all breast cancers are not the same and that those that affect younger women are very susceptible to hormone changes - is it really in the mom and children's best interest to continue nursing if it can increase the likelyhood of mom not seeing her babes grow up??  or am I missing something here?

Joy Moores, RNC-OB, IBCLC
Wingham, Ontario