From:
michelle i scott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Mar 1998 09:18:36 -0500
I subscribe to Ms because feminism and staying at home with children are
mutually supportive!    I think men have given us the idea that they are
mutually excl.   No ads and all kinds of things celebrating women's
acheivements.   Lots of food for thought.  The BF article is excellent,
just a few errors.   let's get Ms on the side of babies by helping
stay-at-home mom's time get VALUED!.    I am opposed to gov. supported
child care and support gov  supported care for children by their parents,
primarily.  think about it, let women (and parents) make a real choice
about going back to work or staying home to nurture and breastfeed their
babys.    Michelle Scott, RD,IBCLC  in NH

Morgan wrote:

The current issue of MS. Magazine has a really interesting article on
breast vs. bottle in light of possible HIV transmission in developing
countries.  I was expecting a mediocre article (I stopped reading MS. a
long time ago because feminism and being a stay-at-home mom were
mutually exclusive by their definition...maybe this is changing), but
this is very well researched and points out the WHO violations formula
companies are continuing to practice, now with the excuse of protecting
babies who would otherwise be exposed to HIV.