Date:
Sat, 5 May 2007 11:50:44 EDT

In a message dated 5/4/2007 11:00:33 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
Date:    Fri, 4 May 2007 23:51:42  -0400
From:    Karyn-grace Clarke  <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: IBLCE, Martek and 'Council for  Responsible Nutrition'

Rachel, I just wanted to tell you how much I  appreciate your contribution=
s=20
here...letting us all know relevant  news items and updates, and helping u=
s to=20
understand their  significance.  Thank you.

I have noticed very few responses here  about the latest 'scandal' with th=
e=20
IBLCE -  unlike the flurry  of comments and actions with respect to the SO=
P -=20
and as I too have  been silent over this issue, I thought I should explain=
myself:

I'm  stumped!=20=20

Flabergasted and simply overwhemled with the possiblity  that yet again, m=
y=20
work, my passion, my accomplishments are  threatened and/or misunderstood.=
=20=20
That somewhere, somehow, someone  'out there' has an agenda to undermine=20=

breastfeeding and the work of  Lactation Consultants.

Fearing that fully understanding this issue and  becoming involved in it m=
ay rob=20
me of focusing on my lactation  projects and the mothers I work with, at t=
his=20
time I am chosing to  remain silent.  Not because I don't care...I do!   Bu=
t,=20
because I feel that all I can do is sit here and shake my head,  hit delet=
e and=20
move on.

Is anyone else feeling this  way?

Blessings!

Karyn-grace Clarke, IBCLC, LLLL
Gulf  Island, BC, Canada
_www.breastfeedingwithkg.com_ (http://www.breastfeedingwithkg.com)

Honestly, Karyn-grace, YES.
I have decided to sit patiently and wait... and watch and carefully  consider.
Not having any great confidence in IBLCE at this time, and not feeling  like
they care to hear my opinion or would be swayed by it
I am thankful that I also work with mothers as a volunteer - and  whatever I
decide to do or not do about my credential when that time comes, I  know I am
making a difference One mother and baby at a time....
I am currently actively seeking employment, and have come to the  realization
that I will have to find employment in another field to finance my  volunteer
breastfeeding support and advocacy efforts. This is very  depressing having
dedicated many dollars and the last 12 years of my  life to lactation.
It seems to me that we are at an impasse with the  medical profession, and I
am finding that with the shortage of  nurses in the US at this time, many
clinics/hospitals can not or will not  dedicate money (they could be using to lure
nurses) to hire someone who  is not a nurse.
Anyway. lots of thoughts, none firmly congealed at this time....

Laura Wright, BA, LLLL, IBCLC, CLE
Hattiesburg, MS, USA