Date:
Tue, 19 Jun 2001 17:08:54 EDT
I have worked with moms who have to travel.  They will request ahead a refrigerator with a small freezer in their hotel room, and put the milk there overnight to freeze and transport it the next day in a cooler to the next  hotel. The Milk Bank uses crumpled newspaper packed tightly as insulating materials and it works very well with the milk in the center.
If the hotel doesn't have room frigs with freezer units, ask if they will put the milk in the freezer in the restaurant overnight.I tell moms to pack the containers of expressed breastmilk in another container
( Rubermaid or Tupperware ) before putting it in the freezer. Also tape it shut with packing tape so she can see any evidence of tampering.( You hate to think about that but if the milk is in a place she won't be at....).
I also have suggested shipping it home every three days, frozen in a cooler.
Barbara whitehead, IBCLC