Date:
Wed, 19 Aug 2015 13:38:41 +0000
You are absolutely right - so many new pumps on the market that have not had any real testing other than focus group marketing.  I had a mom come in the other day who was using an "insurance" pump that appeared to be a Medela kit.  She was complaining about low supply.  The kit was a knock-off of Medela.  I tested the pump and it only put out 50 mmhg of suction at maximum pressure!  Which is the bare minimum to cause a letdown.  No wonder her milk was nearly gone!  Of course we got baby back to breast, but it made me heart sick to think that this is what our ACA has allowed.