From:
Terri Klein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Feb 2005 08:17:08 -0500
Dear Lactnetters,
I have been searching the archives and need advice for actually two
questions. First, a mother of a four month old diagnosed with GERD. She
has been told by her Pediatrician to stop breast-feeding. Her baby when
in the hospital was taking Alimentum but now refuses formula and a
bottle and loves to nurse. Mom has cut out all possible such as dairy,
nuts, chocolate, strawberries and wheat. I asked her to be referred to a
Pediatric Gastroenterologist and find a Pediatrician that supports
breast-feeding. I also recommended she consult with a RD to help her
with her meal plans so that she isn't eating rice, beans only. I also
suggested that she feed baby as often as she wants to nurse so that she
is getting smaller freq feedings. Baby is on Prilosec, Her weight is 12
lbs. I don't know what her birth weight was I'm sorry to say but she
felt that she has been doing ok with her weight considering she spits up
after every meal. She has tried every position possible and finds that
standing up walking seems to be the best if she isn't jiggling her too
much. Any suggestions. Anyone know how I can reach a web site for Jack
McKenna M.D. I heard him speak regarding this issue.
Other question is a baby that is one year old on Neocate. Very
expensive >$700. a month. I need more information from them regarding
baby's history. I kind of got a referral from a friend of a friend so to
speak so I have asked him to have the mom call me.
Thanks again, Where would I be without you.
Terri Klein RN, CLE, CLC, mother of three breastfed now grown men.

***Note: The information contained in this message may be
privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure.
If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,
or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this
message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this
communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this communication in error, please notify the Sender
immediately by replying to the message and deleting it
from your computer.
Thank you.  Central Michigan Community Hospital