From:
Suzanne T <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Feb 2003 16:19:55 -0500
I am an IBCLC but have only worked as a volunteer. I have been an LLLL for
11 years and started working with brand new babies and mothers as a
volunteer in a hospital just about a year and a half ago.  I have had
difficulty describing to mothers how to support her breast when using the
assymetric latch if the mother is most comfortable in the cradle hold.  It
seems much easier in the cross-cradle hold or the football hold.  But, if
she has flattish nipples or for another reason needs to use the "nipple
sandwich" technique and resitst the cross-cradle or football holds, just
where does she put her hand to make the right shape of her breast?  I feel
like I have been unclear in asking this question.   If someone out there
knows what I mean and has a descriptive way of explaining, let me know.
Thank you so much,
Suzanne Tyler in NC