From:
veggimom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Mar 1999 16:03:55 -0500
Hi all,
         I am going to take this opportunity to introduce myself. I am Dee York, LLLL and
mother to three. My youngest is 7 weeks old. He has many, many food sensitivities. I can
not eat dairy, chocolate, eggs, wheat, citrus, tomatoes, peanuts and corn. We have had
facial rashes, burn like rashes around his rectum, gassiness and cramping. Oh, and frothy
like stools. I have considered that it might be a foremilk/hindmilk imbalance and have
tried to nurse more on one side. I run into problems there because I am prone to
mastitis, already had two cases with him. I had 10 or so with my daughter, the last one
when she was two.

my questions, Am I missing anything in regards to my diet and his sensitivities? I know
dairy is out for a long time but when do you think he might be able to tolerate the other
foods?

I have tried everything I know (an in the LLL Answer Book) to avoid Mastitis, but I still
seem to get them.  Is there any other info out there on how to prevent mastitis?

TIA,

Dee York
LLLL
Charlotte, NC