From:
Hans Aulmann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Jan 2001 14:09:45 +0500
Thanks for your researching clearing this topic up. I see Dr Sear's Page,
which I tried to access but couldn't, as yet another attempt to tell people
about formula- however I hope He REINFORCES the Mixing and strength to be
maintained for the bub's age and Hygiene aspects of Formula Use.
In Northern Australia, Western Australia, Thailand AND here in Pakistan,
there are a severe problem by diluting the Formulas due to their expensive
cost, to make them last longer. Babies are Dehydrated and Malnourished then
Poor water cleanliness and purity, Poor hygiene in the Preparation of
utensils and formula add to diarrhoea and vomiting problems. Then of course
the advertising of first foods, when to give etc that seems more common with
formulas babies here. But it is never followed up with simple good food
examples.

Nestles has got 'in on the act' here by adding their advert for mixing baby
formula WITH THEIR PURE WATER!- with government approval- wondering who got
the monetary benefits.
Regards,
Robyn Aulmann RM
Quetta, Pakistan