From:
Laura Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Nov 1999 12:55:32 -0600
Rob,

This situation sounds to me like mom is so stressed by her daytime
routine that she is not getting a let-down. Baby may be frustrated by no
supply, and puling, clamping, hitting at the breast trying to stimulate
the MER.

Perhaps the mom could re-evaluate her priorities regarding housework,
etc... Can she afford help? Does she have a church family she could ask
for help?

Many moms find it helpful to baby/child proof one room where all three
can go to lay-about and be calm together...If mom nods off, it's safe,
and if toddler nods off, maybe mom can relax and nurse more effectively.

I found a neighborhood teenager who came by my house after school to
play with the toddler while I had a "rest" with the baby. This was very
nice relaxation time for me, and the baby frequently "nursed me to
sleep"... which also made my evenings much less stressful.

Laura Wright
Jackson, MS