From:
Mary Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Jul 1996 16:02:46 CDT
Re:  comment that there will be a critical mass of women who have
breastfed, and breastfeeding will then be the cultural norm.  I
agree, and I have hope that there is change.  I was at meetings in 3
different locations in June--comments were made at each meeting that
people are noticing a change in attitudes.

Also, re: "animals do this all the time...."  I talked with a woman
who grew up on a farm.  She commented that she spent a lot of time in
the spring helping lambs latch on.  (And I bet  animals don't have the
problems with birth meds, mother-baby separation at birth that some
humans need to deal with.)

Mary Johnson/Minnesota WIC  (Where we are workin towards that
"critical mass" among WIC participants--now over 50%.)