Date:
Sat, 29 Aug 1998 19:27:58 -0600
All four of my children were unable to tolerate glutens in the first 2
years of life.  No one ever said celiac disease, but the severe diarrhea
that ensued when they had any wheat, oats, rye, or barley fixed that
diagnosis in my mind.  My youngest, who was born at 34 1/2 weeks
gestation, had diarrhea whenever I ate anything containing gluten for
the entire time that I nursed him (15 months).

This is only anecdotal, and I don't know to what extent this speaks to
the point of cow's milk protein going through the milk.  Obviously, as
Dr. Newman has pointed out, the best way to know how much cow's milk the
baby gets is by giving it directly to the baby.  However, this fact just
hit me as I read the post.  Hope someone will find the information
helpful.

Bonnie