From:
Sue Svehla <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 2004 12:23:39 -0500
I am posting for my partner who spoke to a BF mom today. We do have
permission to share her information.
This is mom's 3rd baby who is now 4 months old. With her 2nd baby she
developed welts and sloughing of the tissue in the vaginal and rectal
areas. She tried several creams and actually was seen by 2 different
dermatologists. At that time she was also taking Micronor. She finally quit
breastfeeding and taking the micronor at 10 months post partum due to the
pain. With in 1 week the welts were gone and tissue was healing.
With this 3rd baby welts have appeared again at 2 months post partum. She
is exclusively BF and is NOT taking Micronor this time. She can barely walk
due to the pain in her vagina. This patient has figured out that she is low
on estrogen and she is wanting to know if she would get relief from taking
an estrogen of some kind or if there is some other remedy other than
quitting BF. We have reviewed the archives on this but wondered if anyone
has any new information within the last 2-3 years. Thanks for any help you
can give us.