From:
Timothy Collins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 May 1999 22:00:32 -0700
Hello,
I am Mary Beth Collins, RN,IBCLC.  I currently am working part time as a
hospital LC in Greenville, S.C., teach breastfeeding class, support
group, inservices, etc.  I am also the mother of a 5 and 9 year old.  I
have been reading Lactnet for a month, thanks for all the info.
Hopefully my computer ignorance will not interfer with my post!

A fellow colleague finished nursing her last child 2 years ago, had a
partial hysterectomy soon after that, is on no hormone therapy since she
still has her ovaries, is on Tegretol as her only medication. Over the
past 4 months she has been experiencing fluctuations of her breast size
and tenderness during the same time of each month.  This last month she
became engorged bilaterally.  She was leaking colostrum like fluid which
then turned to a grayish color for 3 days then all was back to
"normal".  Her physicians have not been able to give her any answers
yet.  She is to go in for another check-up this week.  I would love any
ideas on what this could be. Thank you.