From:
Segev Levy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 May 1995 00:38:44 +0300
I think that Marie Davis is headed in the right direction, but
my anecdote seems to point not only not to not-being-Christian,
but not generation gap nor even "Western" society. (Can anyone
unknot the nots?). Just to confuse the issue for you: When I was
running around with a (of course woman) photographer taking
pictures to illustrate my Hebrew-language bf manual, I went to
my brother's kibbutz to photograph several women at one swoop.
Later, I got signed releases once the women had seen the proofs.
One woman was most specific and insistent: if there was any sign
in the picture of her nipple or areola, it was "indecent
exposure" and she would not allow that picture to be published
(in ALL pictures her face was obscured, so this wasn't a factor,
and she also volunteered that she thought bfing pictures were
beautiful). Now this woman was in her 20's, has probably never
even visited the "West", of course is not Christian, and probably
comes from a culture which has traditionally breastfed. Sorry if
I shot down theories. I agree that you have to keep looking for
another reason for this objection to public bfing. Regards, Judy
Knopf