From:
Ros Escott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Oct 1996 23:05:47 +0000
Breastfeeding in public is much more acceptable in Australia than it
is in the USA, but many women still feel uncomfortable and go
somewhere private by choice.  In Tasmania, we are about to do a 3
month promotion of breastfeeding in public through posters on the
buses.  We are doing a survey before and after, including getting
public reaction to a series of photos of a mother breastfeeding in a
variety of settings - eg  a shopping mall cafeteria, a crowded
public place, a family gathering like a dinner party.  I have to
take the photos this week. Same mother and baby, same degree of
modesty for all photos. We plan to publish and will keep you
informed.

Denise, I see your name on the WABA Global Forum draft program.  I
look forward to meeting you in Bangkok.  Are any other lactnetters
going?

Ros Escott
Tasmania, Australia
Ros Escott