Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jul 2012 11:59:09 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (1 lines)
IN response to Susan Burger's post:  Hear, hear.  I would say that 95% of my clientele is moms with low supply or babies with insufficient weight gain DUE TO an undiagnosed, or undertreated frenulum, with the occasional addition of a tracheomalacia or laryngomalacia or velopharangeal insufficiency thrown in for good measure.  These situations cannot be fixed quickly and my estimation is that it takes anywhere from 2 weeks to 2-3 months to overcome some of these issues with the use of pumping and supplementing to keep things happening.  These moms NEED every kind of support from emotional to mechanical to social to physical. But it is the MOST rewarding thing in the world to get that proud call: "We DID it! And EVERYTHING is good now."  Those calls keep me from throwing in the towel after hearing MD's say, "oh, moms make up their minds about breastfeeding before they deliver and you are just wasting your time.  If they want to do it, they'll do it, no matter what."  Please.  Makes me want to go into construction. 

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html

To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]

Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]

COMMANDS:

1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail

2. To start it again: set lactnet mail

3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet

4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2