From:
Pat Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Apr 2010 07:54:27 -0400
There is a very simple exercise, would an IBCLC be allowed to show it to
mom?

Frankly this is why I went on from RN/IBCLC to get my NP.  I was tired of
trying to explain to drs what was needed.

Personal note: my first granddaughter had torticolis (1981) and dr
instructed mom to always lay her down (prone back then) so that side was
down.  Of course, baby promptly turned her head :-)  At 7 mo I insisted mom
take her to Children's Hospital of Philadelphia because it wasn't any
better.  Ortho quickly agreed that she had torticollis, sent us up to PT to
be taught exercise.  He grumbled about GPs waiting too long to refer babies!
My daughter did the exercise faithfully on a very annoyed baby (it's lots
easier when they are newborn) and some correction was achieved.  Today when
you see pix of her it is still evident in the slightly tilted face and one
slightly smaller eye.  This was all part of the big picture that sent me
back to school at 50 to get more magic initials  :-(  Should be a degree for
common sense.  Also venting, Pat in SNJ