From:
Rachel Myr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 May 2001 23:11:01 +0200
Just to make sure the original poster, Andrea Bass, realizes that SHE is not
the target of criticism: we vigorously protest the treatment she is
receiving at her workplace, where others are using the term 'breast nazi'
about her.  Andrea, if someone is placing that label on you, you don't have
to wear it, and if your protest to your supervisor about this language
results in a backlash against you, I bet the local press would find this
terrific front page copy.  (big headlines)'Nurse fired for objecting to
'nazi' label... A nurse who supported a mother's right to decide how her
infant should be fed lost her job at (bla bla) recently due to a conflict
with co-workers on night duty...' etc. etc.  Do you live in such a terrible
area that your employer would consider this GOOD publicity?
I do not object to you venting to the list about this atrocious behavior,
and I, for one, give you my full sympathy and a listening (virtual) ear on
or off this list as needed.
very sincerely
Rachel Myr
resisting, and objecting, not only to the word nazi but to the ideology it
denotes and the mentality that fosters it
Kristiansand, Norway