From:
"Lisa A. Enger" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Oct 1998 08:42:03 EDT
Carrie,
Regarding your friend's baby... have they checked for pyloric stenosis or
severe reflux? Other intestinal obstructions like malrotation or volvulus?
What has the work-up been to date? How much does the baby weigh, is he/she
alert active? My first son constantly vomited, was diagnosed with reflux.
Gained weight despite the vomiting and eventually outgrew it by about 9
months. If this child is hospitalized I imagine this baby is in worse shape.
Lisa RN BSN IBCLC
Boston, Mass