From:
Tawn Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Sep 2007 01:09:42 -0400
My exclusively breastfeeding sister (she has a four month old baby) was
diagnosed today with Hodgkins Lymphoma, and is schedueld for a PET scan on
Friday. She does have some EBM in storage, but as a stay at home mom, she
was not expecting to stop nursing for a couple more years.

As a WIC nutritionist/breastfeeding coordinator I am researching what will be
the best for her to do. I'm using Thomas Hale's Medication and Mothers Milk,
and my sister has a supportive/close relationship with the physician and is
willing to follow recommendations on when she can or cannot breastfeed, and
pump/discard when she is radioactive.

My question is this: if she needs to supplement, which formula would be the
best? (she can get a perscription from a physician if needed and our family
can help with any costs) Also, what bottle nipples would be best for
introducing a bottle ?(this baby has never had a bottle.)

Thank you.

Tawn Thompson, MS, CN