From:
vgthorley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Sep 2013 07:45:10 +1000
Good to see your post on Lactnet just now, Marsha.  It's very timely.  The
current television advertising for "follow-on" and "toddler" concoctions in
Australia heavily implies that only by giving babies these products can they
get the various additives. No one is out there saying that giving this stuff
is how to have less, not more.

I present the Pregnancy & Breastfeedingworkshops to pharmacy interns from
time to time and so I provide the groups with references they can access to
weigh against the advertising.  In addition I keep it simple so that they
have clear take-away messages that they can remember. The sheer amount of
human oligosaccharides in human milk, "130 and counting", is a good one I
used last time. I love doing these workshops as the young pharmacists are so
engaged.

Virginia
in Brisbane, QLD, Australia