From:
Annelies Bon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Apr 1997 21:03:33 +0000
>>>. Sorry if I sound angry on this one but I think a disservice
is done to women and breastfeeding when it assume that the only ones who can
breastfeed are those that stay home with their kids full time. <<<

In the Netherlands the bf rates among working mothers is higher than among sah
mothers.
We have a high percentage of sah mothers, for historical and financial and
political reasons. The women who keep workling are usually the higher educated
ones. So, the fact that in western societies the higher educated women are
more likely to breastfeed is here the clue.

--
Annelies Bon
bf counsellor