From:
Cheryl Parrott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 2001 10:15:16 EST
Thought I would ask the collective if anyone else had heard of this?
Yesterday our Mead Johnson rep was in the office-luckily she is not there
very often-and I dont particulary like her personally or professionally- but
anyway, I was asking her if she had any more Human Milk Fortifier as I had
given some out the previous day...we then had a conversation about how often
we are using it etc for our preemies...then said "you know the dietician at
>>>Hospital is suggesting powdered pregestimil instead...it cost less and is
easier to find"  I winced and said well, "but then you get into giving
breastfed babies FORMULA, which I have a problem with"  She then said that
they had reformulated their HMF and it is basically formula also, so again
pregestimil-cheaper and easier to find.  AHH...tell me it isn't so!   Is HMF
really a formula type substance...should I be using something else to up the
calories of ebm?

Stumped...and hoping SHE isn't right!
Cheryl Parrott, RN, BSN, aspiring IBCLC, most importantly mom to
Lexie-23months and Rachel-angel baby
Kokomo, IN