From:
Debbie Gillespie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Sep 2007 00:49:18 -0700
Dr. Nils Bergman humorously addresses this in his presentations.  He said
that large feeds do tend to "teach" the infant that overfull is full, and
the gorge/fast pattern causes the body to hold on to every calorie because
it's not sure when the next one is coming.  I'll try to look up the studies
in his bibliography when I'm not so sleepy; the fine print isn't working for
me this late....

Debbie Gillespie, IBCLC, LLLL
Roasting in Tempe, AZ