From:
katherine in atl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Nov 2004 23:04:57 -0500
<<As for stooling, I will say this every time the issue comes up until
the evidence is clear enough to be indisputable--it matters very much
that a baby stools so infrequently. The guideline that I have come to
believe makes sense is that every human being should have one bm per
meal. That means about 10 per 24 hours for infants and 2-3 per day for
adults. I don't think there is a valid physiological reason for any
variation. From what I understand, variations are caused by poor gut
health, which may be related to allergies, dybiosis, Crohn's disease,
celiac disease, IBS, structural problems, etc. I would absolutely look
for a solution to this problem. If it is due to the harness, then the
baby should have daily massage and would benefit from regular CST as
well.>

i'll throw in my lot with Jennifer on all counts.   While infrequent
stooling is seen as 'normal', I no longer believe it's healthy or
acceptable.

katherine in atl