From:
Katharine West <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 May 1997 06:26:10 -0700
Because several have privately emailed me about Dr. Marcovich's work, I
thought I'd also post her references on LactNet. You have to know German
though, as she is only published "auf deutsch."  I am almost
finished translating her article for her (Now I know why my first BA was
in German Language & Literature!!). In the meantime, the citation is:

Markovich, M. Vom sanften Umgang mit Fruehgeborenen: Neue Wege in der
Neonatologie. International Journal of Prenatal and Perinatal Psychology
and Medicine. March 1995. 7(1): 57-71.

Also, this commentary in the same issue:
Linderkamp O, Beedgen B, Sontheimer D. Das Konzept der sanften
Behandlung Fruehgeborener von Marina Marcovich. Eine kritische
Bewertung. International Journal of Prenatal and Perinatal Psychology
and Medicine. March 1995. 7(1): 73-84.

I am translating Linderkamp's article, and eventually the parents' book
of their experiences, also. (If only I had more time... sigh... This
stuff needs to get out!!)

Katharine West, BSN, MPH
Sherman Oaks, CA