From:
Yael Wyshogrod <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Mar 2000 09:14:48 +0200
Of course, positioning is another big one.    And a difficult one, too.
Because it is often a major source of many problems and, I have found,  it
is difficult to change it once the baby is a few weeks old.

Yes, there is always the possibility that the mother has misunderstood what
she, as was discussed recently on lactnet.was told.    But I believe  there
is a lot more misinformation given than there is correct information
misunderstood.

And aren't we forever in this awkward position having to contradict what the
nurse or doctor said.  Not only is this frustrating, but confusing and
sometimes undermining of the mother's confidence.
Back to the need to educate health professionals.

-