From:
Keith Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Dec 1995 09:34:52 -0800
Good morning and one shopping day left.  Tough cuz I just started
YESTERDAY!!

RE: breastfeeding, hormones, delayed puberty

Been following these posts with interest.  Have noticed that my two oldest
( boy=15  1/2 yrs and girl 13  11/12yrs ) are slow in maturing.  No facial
hair/voice changes/etc with son although he is tall (5' 10").  Some
beginning signs of maturation on daughter but no period yet.  All this is
fine with me as life with teens is hard enough.  Just as soon take it as
slow as possible.  #3 is 11  5/6 yrs and a bit faster in maturation altho
nursed him longest?? True individuals.

So.  I'm hoping those with more information will continue to post.

Also posted earlier that I would "research" Buddhism and breastfeeding.
Have found a book by Jon Blofeld on "Kuan Yin".  She would be something
like the equivalent of a "most high Angel" or even another presentation of
the Buddha.  She represents Compassion; freely given, always, without
reservation and in abundance.  Her "temples" are usually near water and are
frequented by all especially women.  She is associated with fecundity and
children in general.  Will update as I read further, if people are
interested.  I must add, tho, that I am a beginner zen student and limited
to my own level of understanding.

Thank You
Christine Palmer, Mill Valley CA