Date:
Mon, 26 Apr 1999 13:21:36 EDT
dear donna and all,

yeah, it was news to me, too, before i heard kathy dettwyler talk about it.
apparently the idea is to make a tiny incision through the navel, then put
the uninflated bag up into the breast, then fill it. maybe someone else has
more gory details?

gives new meaning to the humorous remark in a book by mordecai richler, where
a character is asked where a certain woman is and he replies, "oh, she's gone
down to toronto for a boob refill."

carol brussel IBCLC

ps my husband is a musician, french horn, so this is certainly a new meaning
for the word tuba at our house - if you look at those before and after
photos, the ones that have details sometimes have a link to give more info
about the surgery.