From:
Judy Holtzer Knopf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Jan 1996 13:26:05 -0800
Hi, all. While brushing my teeth this morning, I started thinking about
why it was that I didn't make an appointment with the eye clinic to have
my eyes checked. I have glaucoma and am supposed to go every 3 months for
followup, but I think it's been about a year since the last time. I started
thinking
about the bored ophthalmologists who've checked me, yawning in my face,
couldn't care less. Maybe I've gotten the feeling "if they don't care, why
should I care?"?
Then I flashed over to how different is the attitude that we terrific LCs
give to our clients - how hard we try to persuade them how great
breastfeeding is; how much effort we put into understanding their special
problem, their special needs and then trying to find solutions; how hard
we focus on them and their baby; how much TIME we give them; and let's
not forget followup calls initiated by US.....I think that this is why we
have succeeded, I think this is why we will continue to succeed even more
spectacularly in the future. We are very different from any other health
profession or professional with whom I have had contact. This is one of
our biggest strengths. Judy Knopf in Beer Sheva, Israel