From:
Verónica Garea <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Mar 2005 21:50:51 -0300
There is no need for any flame retardant suit. Or maybe there is and I am
the one who needs it :-)

I might have made a mistake with J&J, but I am not convinced. The IBFAN
report states that they have discontinued their own line of bottles and
teats. I don't know whether that includes MAM. (I would be glad if they
have nothing to do with MAM and they have not collected information from
them because in their website, www.mambaby.com, they cite mastitis as one
of the reasons why a woman may not be able to breastfeed).

I don't know what to say about the fact that J&J has no further interest in
MAM, I have not been able to find information on whether they actualy sold
their part in that company or not. However, if you go the J&J site
(www.jnj.com) you find a link to J&J Austria (MAM is an Austrian company)
and they still list MAM as one of their brands. No mention to MAM is found
in the US site for J&J.

I agree that we must support the things companies do right. But I find very
difficult to follow who owns what and to whom belongs each brand. I am
suspicious in general of information produced with commercial purpose. It
usually is advertising in disguise (I can borrow the flame suit now).

If I am wrong and J&J does not have anything else to do with MAM, then I
apologize.  So far I am not sure.

Best regards,

Veronica Garea
GALM Bariloche