Date:
Tue, 27 Apr 2010 13:33:39 -0500
I asked an engineer friend

-----Original Message-----
From: Lactation Information and Discussion [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jaye Simpson, IBCLC
Sent: Tuesday, April 27, 2010 11:15 AM
Subject: Another good one...

So we have the comment from one that says:

"Scientific breasfeeding studies have proven that pain during lactation or milk expression can actually reduce the flow and nurtitional quality of breastmilk. Stress from pain or discomfort releases hormones that can inhibit milk flow as well as decrease the breastmilk's natural infection-fighting nutrients-nutrients that are vital to baby's health.
Simply put, more comfortable breastmilk expression during lactation can promote good breast health and quality breastmilk for the baby."

And there is this from Dr Brown that I saw first hand on one of their packages when I saw a couple with premie twins - we all LAUGHED - like seriously??  How can this be true?  Unless of course we are all just stupid.

A first-of-its-kind university study
to measure nutrient levels in breastmilk and formula during a typical 20-minute feeding determined that Dr. Brown's fully vented bottles help maintain levels of important nutrients like vitamins C, A & E.

*	Helps maintain vitamins C, A & E:
Patented internal vent system is proven to minimize oxidation of breastmilk and formula, to help maintain essential nutrients.

Jaye Simpson, IBCLC, CIIM

Breastfeeding Network

Sacramento, CA

www.breastfeedingnetwork.net

COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail 2. To start it again: set lactnet mail 3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet 4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome