From:
Sisse Holmstrup <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Jul 2016 19:19:47 +0200
Hello all,

I'm an LLL Leader in Denmark, helping a mother of an almost 4 week old
baby. She has not experienced lactogenesis II and I'm stumped.

She has been breastfeeding and pumping since birth. She has colostrum in
small amounts.

Prolactin levels are 532 mlU/L - as far as I can tell this is normal (it's
hard to compare the Danish numbers with most of the info online).

Breast development was normal in puberty and during pregnancy. She has
experienced a slight increase in breast size after giving birth. No
surgeries.

No retained placenta.

No PCOS, diabetes or thyroid issues (has had hypo but is resolved now
according to blood work). Normal vaginal delivery.

Her doctor will not prescribe domperidone, but I only suggested this before
we had her prolactin levels. I don't think it makes sense to use it when
her levels are normal for bf.

She has stopped pumping and is now using an SNS.

What could be going on with this mother? I'd be grateful for any ideas!

Sisse