From:
"Susan E. Burger" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Feb 2004 07:20:48 -0500
Dear all:

Just thought I'd let you know that the NY Times is interested in doing a
piece on lactation consultants.  It was incredibly intimidating to figure
out my way around all the barriers to reaching the editors, but I pitched
it to the Science Editor and he's passing it on to his staff.  All the
phone messages and sites refer to press release agencies - so I felt like
how could a neophyte like myself make it through.  What I'm not sure is
whether they will be interested in doing it in time for March 3rd - it
sounded like it will take longer, but I'm so thrilled.  I gave them an
example of an interesting complicated case that several LCs have worked
with - and suggested that a simple straightforward case (as if!!) also be
featured.

Best regards, Susan Burger, MHS, PhD, IBCLC

PS.  Thanks for putting up with my emoting without flaming me - it enabled
me to get over my anger in a safe place and move on to thinking through
constructive solutions to the bad press in the new book.

PPS.  The author himself called me at the behest of his publishing office
because I said I had some constructive suggestions, which I do have.  Wish
me luck!