From:
Virginia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Oct 2004 08:52:32 +1000
On Firday, 1st October 04, Kathy Birt wrote:
Subject: mom with alopecia

I have been contacted by a client that is experiencing hair loss, lack of
appetite and migraine headaches.  She has been exclusively breastfeeding
for 5 months.  She doesn't have a regular physician but a clinic dr told
her to stop breastfeeding and the hair loss would stop.  She has a history
of poor appetite during the pregnancy as well. ....  she says she just can't
eat any more as she gets nauseated.
Any suggestions?

Kathy
I'm more concerned about the nausea, with such a long history.  It seems to
me there is something there that may be serious.  I'd suggest she get a full
workup, including gastric.  Until this is done, I can't see how other
measures are going to do much to help.
I realise there are health insurance issues, but is there some way this
mother can get a full assessment, soon?  I am concerned.  What other
symptoms does she have? gastric pain? weight loss? localised distension?
blood in vomitus?
Virginia
in sunny Brisbane, Queensland, Australia