From:
Jackie Cesnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Oct 1998 17:07:13 +1100
While in the car just now collecting my children from school I was
listening to the radio news in disbeleif:
An announcement was made to the effect that the Premier of Victoria Jeff
Kennet had decided to send aid to Indonesia to help with their economic
crisis.
This donation was to consist of about A$60,000 worth of food product for
newborns.
I telephoned the Premiers office to be told that this 'formula' was a
special type of food for babies who were undernourished and had been
chosen by an independant panel.
I expressed my concern that Australia was doing this and was told that I
should write my concerns to the premier at
She said she was uable to give me either the name of the formula or any
of the independant panel.
I do hope all you Australians out there will send some email to Mr
Kennet to point out that apart from anything else he has breached the
WHO Code.
Thanks
Jackie Cesnik
IBCLC