Date:
Sun, 22 Apr 2001 12:26:49 +0100
Hello all,

Just thought I'd introduce myself. I have been subscribed to this wonderful
list for a few days. I am a breastfeeding supporter and (new) tutor withThe
Breastfeeding Network in the U.K.

I have two children ages 7 and 10. My son was born with tongue tie and a
short tongue so had problems breastfeeding, despite this I still breastfed
him well into his second year. So I do have an interest in tongue tie and
associated problems.

Incidentally all the hps I cams across came up with various reasons for the
pain, and the long, often feeds, it was an NCT breastfeeding counsellor who
spotted the real cause of the problem. He finally had the tongue op last
year - I should have had it done when he was a baby! But hp's were not
keen,and talked me out of it. I recently saw the op done on a baby in a
video I wish I knew then what I know now...

Daughter had an incredibly strong suction compared to my son, - probably a
*normal* suck, they both taught me lots about positioning and attachment.

I think this list and the people who are on it are wonderful. It has been a
real eye opener, and that's just a few days. I look forward to learning
more, and sharing ideas, support and information with you all.

Best wishes to all the women in all the places in the world this list
reaches,

From Jenny.

Home educator, and Breastfeeding Network Supporter and Tutor In Cheadle,
U.K. Where the weather is currently cold, grey and rainy! But no storms!