Date:
Wed, 7 Oct 2009 22:44:13 -0400
Rachel, I have heard so many times that physicians do not trust Hale - they
trust the PDR (Physician Desk Reference). The PDR is a compilation of
warnings/instructions from the manufacturers of the drug. There are many
PDRs holding open doors around the hospital and office, but Hale - sorry!
Not worthy!

In fact, in office communication today, I was offered the bargain rate of
$65 for the latest edition of PDR. ~~Delete~~

I would suggest there are progressive practitioners who are able to see
resources other than what they have only seen. There are many who cannot see
alternatives.

Best wishes,
Sam Doak

<<

Hi Adrienne,

So sorry you have a suspicious micro-manager as your boss.  What resources
does she regard as acceptable?  If she wants research studies, Hale is full
of them. I would not regard this as a textbook but as a clinician's
handbook.  It is full of practical information and is compact and easy to
use.

Ask one of the pharmacists that you work with to comment on Hale's book.
The Pharm Ds that I work with will use it along with all of their reference
books.

Reassure your boss that the MDs amd pharmacists that you work with are
additional resources that you can use in your practice.  Good luck, Rachel
Wahl