From:
Jennifer williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Jun 2005 16:58:29 -0700
Hi Joy,
I received the same response to my letter and here is what I sent back. I
love the community of LACTNET and I am so grateful that some of you are
speaking out on behalf of breastfeeding moms in Albuquerque. Are there any
lawyers on the list that might have something to add?
Jen Williams, CNM
ABQ, NM

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, your employee did not respect
the law when she approached this woman. I still wonder if I will be harassed
should I choose to bring my family to your park. What is nice about the law
is that it does not require interpretation on the part of you or your
employees. She may breastfeed. Period. Your concerns that children might be
"witnessing this act" makes me wonder how you really perceive breastfeeding.
  Her right was protected by the law, and your company did not honor that.
What would be nice is if you could have told the complaining people that her
right to breastfeed is protected by New Mexico state law and perhaps they
would like to visit another area of the park if they were offended by that
"act." Your policy must be in compliance with the law.

Are you breaking the law in other areas of the park? Or just this one?
Thanks,
Jennifer Williams