From:
Julia Scaletta <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Feb 2001 10:03:15 -0500
I am at a loss on how to help this mom. Baby is almost 3 months old. Has
always had periods where he would pull and tug at the breast during
feedings, but not come off. Changing positions didn't help. Was mostly doing
it at night until the past few days. Now doing it most of the time per mom.
I only get to see this baby every other weekend, because she lives 1 hour
away. Most of our interaction is by phone. I have seen him do the tugging
once during one of my visits. Was not fussy at the time. Thought maybe he
was trying to stimulate MER. Will do it at times during MER now, so I don't
think it's him trying to stimulate that. From what mom says, I don't think
it's a supply problem.  Mom doesn't use any lotions or soaps on her breast,
no purfume, etc. Mom doesn't drink milk, is very particular about her diet,
so I don't think it's a food allergy. Baby does spit up alot, so may be
reflux? I don't know. :-(  Any ideas would be GREATLY appreciated.
Julia, frustrated in sunny Eden, NC