From:
Jon Ahrendsen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 May 1998 22:51:53 -0500
I just returned from seeing the movie Deep Impact.  I was pleased to find a
definate an indirect reference to BF in the movie.

One of the astronauts was speaking to his unborn child by speaking at his wife's gravid tummy.  He said something like this: Now here this!  Your first mission upon exiting the hatch is to crawl up the exterior of the vehicle."
As he spoke this he motioned his hands up to her breasts.

It was as if he was describing the self attachment video.  There are some other scenes where there are very young infants and there are no bottles seen, even though it doesn't appear that any are actually being BF.

I was puzzled by the shots at the beginning of the movie where there were all these cases of Ensure pictured.  I don't exactly understand their significance in the plot of the movie, especially at the early stages of the film.  Anybody else have an idea?

Jon Ahrendsen MD
Clarion, Iowa