Date:
Mon, 10 Feb 1997 09:30:53 -0500
Last night my two year old switched on the tv
(never get a tv with the switches on the bottom
when you have a two year old) and there was one
of the news magazine programs (I can't remember
the name of it right now) with a segment about
a baby who looked about a year old and she
was about 20 lb (!!!) overweight. The show talked about
how they had run all sorts of tests and the
concusion was that she is just overfed.
AFter describing the Macdonald's burgers and pizza
that the girl was eating because her parents don't
think a little pizza will hurt her, they said that the
mother had "eliminated hard to measure breastfeeding."

My 11 year old an I just stared at one another in
amazement!
  Did anyone else catch this? I didn't see the whole thing,
but enought to get the idea.
  Naomi Bar-Yam PhD