From:
Joya Bezette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Jan 1997 18:48:41 -0700
The mother with the high prolactin isn't surprising if she just 'weaned' two
months ago. She could resume breastfeeding if she wanted to, as was
suggested. With my prolactinoma I produced milk for a LONG time after
weaning. When I tried the sage, B6, parsley, etc... they didn't work.
Perhaps it would in a normal situation. An MRI is costly, but I urge you not
to neglect taking care of this, at least keep an eye on this situation.
Blood tests are easy to do, not too expensive, and can track the progress of
this woman's condition. Infertility is a symptom of a prolactinoma, and
there are many others. Do take care....

Joya Bezette
LLLL, WIC PC
Grad Lactation Consultant
So. Utah

A mother is one who can take the place of all others, but whose place no one
else can take.