From:
Denise Fisher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Jul 1998 11:34:56 +1000
Mira I'm not a doctor, but I was under the impression that Amoxycillin is
NOT the drug of choice for breast infections - that could well be why this
abscess has recurred.
Have you looked in the archives for advice about recurrent mastitis - I'm
pretty sure you'll find heaps of great advice, from dietary to whatever.
No, of course she doesn't have to wean.  She could reduce the milk
production on that side until the problems have been sorted out, but weaning
shouldn't even be discussed with a mother of such a young baby.
Denise
Brisbane, Qld