From:
Pat Bucknell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Jul 1995 11:59:58 -0400
Hi Lactnetters who are not in Scottsdale!
Talk about fewer messages with the ILCA conference on!  I had
nothing from the time I got messages off on Friday morning to
when I checked Sat. morning. Hope stuff didn't get lost on the
great information highway.
In reference to Kathryn Dettwyler's post about sugar:  I am a
6x C-sec mom and with #4 my incision became infected early on.
When that happens the incision pops open and has to heal from
the inside to the outside--as my 11 year old daughter would say,
GROSS!!!  Part of the treatment each day as I changed the dressing
was to put honey in the incision to suffocate any little bacteria
that might be lurking there.  Worked like a charm.  Doesn't speed
up the healing process, took 2 months plus, but did keep any
other problems from taking advantage of the situation.
Pat
Avon Lake, OH