From:
Phyllis Adamson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Aug 2001 12:14:16 -0700
Based on a radio interview this a.m. there are two sites you may be
interested in.
The first is extensive negative info on soy as a food for anyone, much less
in formula form for babies.
www.westonaprice.org

The second is a publishing co with two whole books to their name.
www.newtrendspublishing.com
Select the book Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon
Select the 8 page PDF sampler called "Feeding Babies" located in a frame on
the left side of the page.
Some is good, but she has 'very interesting' formula recipies for when
breastfeeding is not possible.  Then again, if one actually followed the
directions, these formulas would be so difficult to prepare (source of
ingredients, mixing, storing, etc) that one would try almost anything to
breastfeed instead.  She calls for raw, unpasteurized whole cow's milk
certified free of TB & other diseases... or goat's milk... or she offers a
meat based formula.  She suggests whole egg yolk beginning at 4 mos...
I kept thinking Great!!   Awful!  Great!!  Awful....  I'm not sure what her
research basis is for these formulas because I haven't bought the $25.00
book.

During the radio interview, she said mom won't produce good quality milk
unless she eats many eggs, cod liver oil, & other items that give her milk
oils & fatty acids so her baby's brain will develop properly.

Phyllis Adamson, IBCLC