From:
Kirsten Berggren <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Feb 2006 15:45:29 -0500
I'm very interested in the information about the second nature bottle
system - it seems quite clear that it's not appropriate for a newborn suck
(thanks to those who posted ultrasound and suction data! So helpful!).
However, I'm wondering if this might be just the thing for a mom who has
returned to work and can't get her care provider to stop overfeeding. So
many moms can't keep up pumping for separations because the bottle is
offered at every fuss during the day, in addition to care providers who
pressure babies to finish the last drop of every bottle. I always recommend
the slowest flow nipple for moms returning to work to avoid (as Jack Newman
says) "flow preference" with the bottle and also to mitigate the tendency to
overfeed. I think this nipple could be a good solution for working moms, but
am interested in other opinions...

Thanks!
Kirsten Berggren, PhD, CLC
www.workandpump.com